Monday, October 22, 2012

Wedding Chalkboards...

 I love chalkboards and knew I
wanted to incorporate them into
Bekah and Cameron's Wedding.

 We used this first one to Welcome their guests...
 
The next Chalkboard was made
 from an old headboard.
We sat this one outside of the reception 
venue to direct traffic for parking.
At the reception
 we used this dresser that we re-purposed 
for their guest book table...

 Next to the dresser we used a 
wicker chair and a basket 
as an easel for the this chalkboard...
that way it was eye level for 
the kids to help themselves to 
a box crayons and a coloring book.
 The gift table was next 
to this chalkboard.
This one was made from 
an old cupboard door.

 This is a huge chalkboard about 5' x 2 1/2'
that I borrowed from my kitchen.
It used to be an ugly picture so I painted 
over the canvas with black paint.
I change it out for all the seasons in my home.
I repainted the frame from red to aqua 
and glazed it with charcoal glaze.
It made the perfect menu board...
 of course, after dinner there was dancing...
 Rebekah and Cameron wanted to have an 
Old fashioned soda pop bar....
It was a huge hit with young and old!
 My husband attached a newel post 
(that I picked up at the Re-store) 
to a sturdy base for me. It got 
aquafied and we attached
 a pop opener. We propped 
the next chalkboard right 
at the base of the post.
 All the Soda looked cool 
lit up from underneath
the ice tub...

 Rebekah and Cameron
looked pretty cool themselves!

Now to let you in on a secret about 
all the chalkboards.
Not one of them was a true 
chalkboard...
All the small ones were poster
 board or foam board 
popped in the frame or held
 in place with spray
adhesive. We wanted chalkboards
 but didn't want
a chalky mess, so 
I actually just used a white
paint pen. 
 We are going to be renting out 
wedding furniture as a side to
our furniture business. I wanted
 to be able to offer chalk
boards also.
This option allows me to make
changes easily.
I can use regular chalk
 with it as well!

Blessings~
Leigh Ann

All Photos thanks to Gloria at

 Links:

Photo thanks to:
Linky Parties:
 

The DIY Show Off
Boogieboard Cottage

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Domestically SpeakingGet Your Craft On TuesdayPhotobucketTransformation Thursday Somewhat Simple
HookingupwithHoHPhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridays vif187
RedouxFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreaming
DIY Show Off

Thirty Handmade DaysThe Shabby NestThe 36th AVENUE

52 Mantels
Photobucket
The Humble Brag Link Party

7 comments:

  1. The unique wedding touches and repurposed furniture was fabulous! Love the turquoise pops of color! And the chalkboards look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks so fabulous and so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautifully useful! I love every one of them. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job. I really love the color you chose and how you had a common 'color' thread throughout the wedding (aside from the normal items).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leigh Ann! Another super cute wedding idea. I love chalkboards.
    Thanks so much for linking up last week at the Humble Brag! Hope to see you back tomorrow to link up more great projects and see if you were featured.
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-5/

    ReplyDelete

  6. Very Nice Post. This information will increase more and more people to know about buying online furniture. I use to do buy furniture online as its time saving.


    Boardroom Tables & Furniture & Office furniture UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for replacement swivel caster wheels? Find the information you need to guide you in shopping for these important office chair parts.


    Hand truck wheels & casters & wire mesh containers

    ReplyDelete

Visits from Friends



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Party Places...

a href="http://www.bystephanielynn.com">By Stephanie Lynn
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/#RQzJEecJGy1XwR97.99  

”monday
Mod Vintage Life
”monday
The 36th Avenue
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The DIY Show OffBoogieboard CottageTip Junkie handmade projectsHOG
Domestically SpeakingGet Your Craft On TuesdayPhotobucketTransformation Thursday Somewhat Simple
HookingupwithHoHPhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridays vif187
RedouxFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreaming
DIY Show Off

Thirty Handmade DaysThe Shabby NestThe 36th AVENUE


”Monday